dinsdag 11 augustus 2009

Feminism ...

Not too long ago a pretty famous artist came to eat at our restaurant.
Jan Fabre.
You probably didn't hear of him , if you don't live in West Europe.
But anyway, the guy is a complete and utter twat; rude, thankless and with an arrogance that exceeds even my own.
At least I DO say thank you to waiters and I ALWAYS leave a tip, amount depending on how much they had to walk/work for me.
And I can't keep my mouth shut .. just can't.
So when he asked if the pineapple is real .. I answered in a most polite and amiable tone, smiling even " no sir , it's fake ofcourse "
Huh ?
Real pineapple ?
*shrug*
Now ...
it appears someone I have known since high school, finds him quite exalted.
Even making one or two excuses for that inexcusable conduct in the name of good manners and general politeness.
And she speaks quite highly of the "paintings" he made with his wife's menstrual blood.
Wich she finds feminist.
Wich I think is utter bulshit.
It's just .... ICKY !!!
ONe and foremost, the drawings in themselves are not that ... yeah .. they are just not that particularly good, witty or insightful.
So that means the only reason why he would produce so much attention regarding them, is cause its supposedly controversial, .. not what's IN the drawing, but just because it's been painted with his wife's menstrual blood.
Wich is .. CHEAP.
In other words ... shockvalue.
When I asked her what exactly is so feminist about it .. she didn't really answer and started of a monologue that did not had one complete sentence in it.
But lots of half ones.
Thusly leaving my question unanswered.
After wich I didn't feel the need to be questioning further.
I more or less came to the conclusion that the artists wife .. should be wearing a strapon dildo and fuck the guys ass untill it bleeds ... then make a fucking painting out of htat !
We can call it uhm ..... "Darfour justice".
Ofcourse it was immediatly countered by : " Well that is NOT feminist at all ! "
Well no.
It's not.
I don't have a reason to be a feminist.
I have a job that pays more then most men in my life.
I'm in a position of authority within that job even.
I can vote.
I'm allowed to have posessions.
Sooooo .....
It speaks for itself imo ... what do I have to be feminist about?
What could possibly be the need for me to call myself a feminist?
" But what about all the women who .. can't? "
" Oh well ... for some very odd reason ... I got the feeling that if they'd stop nodding when their men say they have to cover up their faces and entire body, or to spread legs when their men tell them ... take all the djelleba's, burka's, nijabs or whatever name for clothing that is only intended for women to cover themselves up in the name of culture, god, Allah or basically any religion what so ever that seems to have a problem with female sexuality .. to take all those pieces of "clothing" and shove it up their men's asses !... untill that happens , i think this entire discussion is futile.
And to say it's up to the men to stop making women wear those.
That is NOT feminist either *smirk*
It's the women who have to say " I'mnot taking this shit from you any more ! "

Its simply not my business .. in the first place.
And I have no particular ambition to make a point in that direction.

But ...
and this is not intended to be playing devil's advocate.
But I had an advantage over most women.
I was raised in a house full of women.
Without men.
And if there where men present, then certainly they where not in a position where they could tell me, my sister or my mother what to do or how to behave.
It was my mother who taught me to be strong and not to take shit from anyone.
Not men in particular .. just anyone .. .
And not because she told me so on a regular base.
But because she provided a good example.
As if her entire motherly life was an example for her female offspring saying " this is how you stand on your own legs and this is how you do it without having to beg or rely on others to do so"

If anything is feminist.
It's my mother.
So thank you mom, for not making me into a whiny bitch but into someone that can make up her own mind without letting anyone do the thinking for her , but also into someone that is not afraid to ask for help or a second opinion. Weither that help comes from male or female origin.
It simply doesn't matter one tiny fuck.
I don't see why it SHOULD matter.
Just as I don't see why I SHOULD be feminist because I'm a women .. when I already AM a shiny example of female liberation and assertiveness.

And in addition ... i might have thought of it as a feminist piece of ... art .
If it was a women painting in her OWN menstrual blood.
To me what the " female blood art " was saying : " I have nothing to declare but my own genius " .. wich is a quote from Oscar Wilde.

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh how I would have loved to have heard him say that , being the smart ass that Iam I would have told him NO , we have jose in the back farting them out by the second ' Here's your Sign Dumb ass" quote from a famous Comic " Bill Engval" for those that ask stupid questions like that.Growing up I watched my rl daddy beat my moma and us , I watched her pick herself up from this and go on and raise four of us. I learned from a little girl that I dont have to rely on anyone but me and that I sure as hell dont have to put up with someone thinking that Im their punching bag.does this make me a feminist? because I can stand on my own two feet, Because I have the mindset that Iam worth more then to be some mans bedwhore? there is a difference when your MADE to do something , or you do it because you want to. and as for what one calls art? I think that goes along with the old saying ' one mans trash is another mans Treasure"

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. To me it just seemed as if she was trying to proove the world to be square.

    And about art.
    It used to be uhm ... a JOB for people that have actual skill.
    Bulshit like that is only popular because its higly marketable as " controversy "

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. If anyone has a right to define femininity it's women themselves.

    I'm actually pissy.

    Yes.

    Luckily i need to go to work.
    Or i'd be debasing myself into the female view of masculinity and curse my goddamned ass off !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. yes the age old thing , a womans femininty is measured by how much she acts like a Woman ,,now that is something Ive never understood. Im not feminie because I dont need a man in my life to take care of me? and to make matters worse sometimes we women are our own worest emenies, we judge each other on a lot of things that are based from the masculinity point of view. ( ok I had to reread that one , I read it as he should be fucked in the ass with his own penis ,, hey its two oclock in the morning here , eyes not focused yet) but either way , you are right HOW in the world can some man engross hisself in feminity when he has NO CLuE as to what it is

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. p.S. I still would have loved to have been a Smart ass to him for his stupid question. just cant help it, like an itch that really needs to be scratched bad.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. We won't get drunk by reading bottle tags , my friends.
    What is this thing we call " feminism?". And what is "femininity?".

    The Merrian Webster defines femininity as: " the quality or nature of the female sex" , which is a controversial definition, what is a quality? obediance, or rather a strong will and determination?.

    Words, bottle tags that won't lead us anywhere, that won't inebriate us.

    Let's try a different approach , let's take a sip rather than reading and labeling.

    A woman is what she is, to a certain degree, what she wants to be , defining femininity, instead,in most cases, is telling a woman what she MUST , or SHOULD be.

    We recently watched a movie based on " a doll's house", by Ibsen, i recall a scene: the husband is attempting to convince Nora not to leave his house, appealing to her sense of duty he says " First and foremost , Nora , you are a mother and a wife".

    Her answer: " First and foremost I am a human being ".

    Enough of an answer, i suppose, and way more inebriating.

    As for feminism, the matter is even more subtle. Let's look it up on the Merrian Webster:

    1 : the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

    2 : organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests.

    As you may see, there has a been a forge, if we stick to the first definition, i am a feminist myself. I fully am.
    But the second definition is more controversial, the interest of women doesn't necessarly imply equality, justice, mutual understanding.

    In other words, it is a path that can very well lead women to become sexist pricks , which used to be a prerogative of us males.

    That, though, doesn't scare me as much as women saying " i want a real man, one wearing the pants, you know what i mean". If that's the case , then i see little reason to complain about the belt that comes with it.

    A pathetic, egotic , egocentrical idiot who believes himself God when in front of his woman , that truly disgusts me, makes me feel sick of my own gender.

    I regretfully know that kind of guys, even though it can actually be fun to give'em a nasty look, their tail gets in between their legs surprisingly quickly in certain occasions.


    About that artist, Jan Fabre.
    I know little about his art, it could even be good, the thing with menstrual blood is just a little clichè , something that i could excuse if the rest of his work is any better.

    What i cannot excuse is the preconception that notoriety makes you a "ubermann", someone too important to be bothered to thank a waitress for the food.

    In that case , as my dear barbarian Lady would have probably said: " you can kiss my royal flemish ass" , in my case i'll stick to a " august roman backside" .

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. or my hillbilly ass. to be rude to someone because of being supposedly famous is NO excuse what so ever. I'm not nor do I try to be better then anyone else and to me no matter what one's station is in society they deserve a little kindness. I might not have the knowledge that many others have(as you might can tell from my spelling sometimes) but as Nora said I'am human. Someone told me once that He wore the pants in our household my reply to him was " I wear pants too " needless to say that relationship didn't last very long.shurgs.. oh well .. he had the same mindset as you were talking about that some men have. there is an old Cherokee legend , in the beginning Man and woman were together (fused together) they were soul mate's something happened that split them apart and this is where the trouble starts, in the story nothing will be right until man and woman find their soul mates and are back together again.Thank goodness I have found mine. would I label him as a " REAL MAN " in the terms of being bossy telling me what to do and all that other stuff " Not in those terms NO I wouldn't , but he is a REAL MAN in my eyes , kind, sweet and caring, He is my total opposite as to where Im out going , sometimes shoot off at the mouth before brain engages , he is claim thinks things through, and is there for me as Iam for him. To him its always US, or OUR . NOT mine. We are each other. As for label's this is my label ' Woman female , that's it all the rest is secondary. Oh I was totally confused at first thinking that I was reading Omulu , Saw the O and just started reading, when the reference about men came up as I was reading my mind was wait a minute something is not right here, then went back to the top and there as big as day said Olath.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. OH yes .. you know there's a rumour going around sl that i'm a man in rl .. lol.

    Well Im' not .

    But if any of the selfproclaimed 'REAL MEN' has the idea of making a 'REAL WOMAN' out of me.
    .......
    Step into the ring bitch.
    I don't fear you nor your moronic beliefs.


    Sydd adds: " let's start a rumour that we're a gay couple ! "

    But uhm ... no ... actually he's just trying to be sweet and not tell people we are both hermaphrodites !
    BEst of both worlds !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. And uhm ... in final addition ... i'm not a waiter.
    I'm the chef !
    So most of the times I'm excused from smiling and excercising some forced form of politeness.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. ASSHOLES !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJFfXL549gk&feature=related

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. yes I knew you were a chef , as I was telling Blak , that this wonder person that is so stuck on his self was probably rude to one of your waitress,waiter.(listens to me when I read all the blogs I follow and mine too:). tehheh and no Ive not heard that rumor ,ohh I just thought of something , I met a hermaphrodite here in Los Angeles once while still driveing semi's he (or) she was very nice, and we talked for hours ,told me that he/she and wife were pregnant at the same time, this was hard to phantom but since it was his/her story I took the story to be his/her truth, although I could never imigiane being pregnant at the same time my uh husband.. going to have to look this up ( so you two watch out this doesnt happen , snickers " ducking behind a chair " .

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. oh and no I didnt ask this person to let me see , although I was curious I refrained from being my nosey self that day

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen