A dog, (originally a female dog, but nowadays the definition extends to males) characterized by its untimely, ultimately nerve-racking, unpleasant barking.
Great definition Olath. The original definition of the word. It's funny how society takes a word that has one meaning and turns it into something totally different. That was a very confusing thing for my child to learn when she was little. She'd read the word ass in the Bible or an old book, but then get in trouble if she said it at school. Poor girl, she learned to ask me about every new word before she used it.
Now... on to what first popped into my head when I read this. I thought of a woman who is grouchy and grumpy and rude and mean and nasty and seems to have no other characteristics or attributes to balance that out. I can love and overlook a whole lot of things in someone if I see something else in that person, something that says there's more to me than this horrible attitude. Even if I can only see something that seems to be the cause of the attitude I can genuinely like that person. (You didn't ask for all my thoughts did you? lol. Just a definition). Ah well, you get older and the mind wanders. :)
Soooo...guess my definition is up there in all that. :)
mine would also be both a female dog used for breeding and a grouchy, grumpy, mean and nasty woman for no apparent reason other then to get back at the world for something that she could have made a different chose of.
after reading and writing my own definition of this word, I wondered about how it came into use, so I looked it up and found some interesting information. So as not to clog Omulu's blog up with this found information I decided to write my findings in my own blog
A dog, (originally a female dog, but nowadays the definition extends to males) characterized by its untimely, ultimately nerve-racking, unpleasant barking.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISG9tLTSj_Q
BeantwoordenVerwijderenGreat definition Olath. The original definition of the word. It's funny how society takes a word that has one meaning and turns it into something totally different. That was a very confusing thing for my child to learn when she was little. She'd read the word ass in the Bible or an old book, but then get in trouble if she said it at school. Poor girl, she learned to ask me about every new word before she used it.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenNow... on to what first popped into my head when I read this. I thought of a woman who is grouchy and grumpy and rude and mean and nasty and seems to have no other characteristics or attributes to balance that out. I can love and overlook a whole lot of things in someone if I see something else in that person, something that says there's more to me than this horrible attitude. Even if I can only see something that seems to be the cause of the attitude I can genuinely like that person. (You didn't ask for all my thoughts did you? lol. Just a definition). Ah well, you get older and the mind wanders. :)
Soooo...guess my definition is up there in all that. :)
Ahaha, no no .. i asked for it after all .
BeantwoordenVerwijderenYOur opinion is well appreciated.
mine would also be both a female dog used for breeding and a grouchy, grumpy, mean and nasty woman for no apparent reason other then to get back at the world for something that she could have made a different chose of.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenafter reading and writing my own definition of this word, I wondered about how it came into use, so I looked it up and found some interesting information. So as not to clog Omulu's blog up with this found information I decided to write my findings in my own blog
BeantwoordenVerwijderen