dinsdag 7 juli 2009

Memorable

Yesterday's council meeting was the smoothest, easiest and most memorable of all meetings I ever had the fortune of following.
Even tho I was plagued by phonecalls in rl and missed a part of it.
Almost EVERY decision was unanymously agreed upon.
So I rest my head at the council (unanymous) decisions.
If they agree with themselves ( for once ) I see no reason to fight it.
It was over in an hour (or so) and congratz to Debi for presiding the way she did.
Issue - debate - vote - conclusion - move on to next.
Makes you wonder what in the bloody hell the problem had been all along with the endless meetings. I myself rmember one lasting 4 BLOOMING HOURS.
After wich I can imagine all envolved where just too burned out to lift one single finger afterwards.
Btw it's how I discovered human drama on youtube .. facesof death and rotten.com *rolls eyes quite blatantly*.

The issue I'm most looking forward to is the reinstatement of the Aglarond Newspaper.
Wich in my not so humble opinion has always been a good idea to be carried out.
Ic or ooc .. people LOVE gossip......... yes you do ! Liar liar pants on fire!
People have come forward to carry out responsabilities.
Such as scribes, elves, mages, drow and builders ( thx to Swee who is now the official Ag builder).
Some people even came up with a funny event called Most TAsty Wing contest ... even if that is a bit vanilla to my taste .. I very much appreciate the initiative.
There was even a person ... who was not me ! ... to propose we ditch meters and go to rp dice.
Haha ... I had to blink away a tear of sentimentality.

On the daily life status.
Ahaha , *does a dance* I'm in charge of the restaurant next week.
On the downside that means i don't get any "Service Coupé" but *shrug*
Challenge ... we like those.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. I hope all goes that smooth for you , what you have done with the Drow caves is wonderful (yes I was there about humm 3am slt this morning but you were AFK)its good to hear that some would like to use the dice roll rather then meters , with Dice there is no cheating I would think there would not be plus not only that , it shows everyone is more instreasted in RolePlaying instead of chaseing everyone around with the biggest sword they can find to try to make up for something that is SOOoooo small , did I mention Sooooo small? tehhheh. I really do love what you are doing to the caves , oh and by the way , I DIDNT DO iT ,, I DIDnt Do it , smiles

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I second that Fid... that was my third meeting and I have to say the best meeting. I too would love to see rp dice. I still can't figure out why anyone needs a meter. "shrugs". Maybe sooner or later everyone else will wonder too. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Well the drow caves are all Phaerinil's work .. ih ave nothing to do with it *raises hands in innocence*

    I still believe that combat meters are more for .. hmm .. first person shooter games.
    SL is just the wrong platform for that sort of game because the platform itself is often bugged enough without people implementing other scripts (making it even moreslow).
    Not only that, some people just don'th ave enough bandwith to be fighting .. if the sim objects are not in your cache sl keeps downloading images making the time it takes for a script to answer ... slower... even more so (-.-). If you are already lagging .. then every click you make (keyboarde or mouse) will only increase that lag , making the waiting time for sl-server response slower each time. But enough boring stuff..

    It's pouring like hell down here!
    I just read in the newspaper that the earth is warming up faster then we anticipated and that Holland and Flanders are the first to go in case of global floods.
    I already feel like a drowned sewerrat when looking outside .. guess I'll adapt quickly... now just need to find waterproof computer hardware !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. theehehee well by the time that happens maybe they will alredy have it up and running , tehhhehe, I just hope my new video card gets here soon like yesterday maybe , but knowing my luck it wont be until the week we leave for North Carolina , Yeah , I cant wait , tehhehe when my card gets back , and we should be getting me another moniter soon too so that way I can have both of them on , that would be great , theheh hands you some snorkles and flipper feet thingies , tehehh

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Eeeew I'm not going to try snorkling in the "river" here. In fact .. you don't want to know all the things that made their uhm 'final trip' to its bottom (-.-) .. but point is .. whne you see a lot of fish floating on their sides .. it usually indicates it's hmmm a bad idea to go and have a dive *nods*
    And not only fish .. two dead guys too so far !
    In severe state of decomposing... so you don't need a lot of imagination to imagine some piece of them still frolliking on the bottom .. (lol).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen