Guess who's who in you know what !
Me is that in you know what.
People telling me " don't " , " bad idea " , "lost cause "
I respect that.
It's just the more I hear those things the more I feel the need to do it anyway and see if they where right.
So ... I did it anyway.
And to come out of the closet completely.
I was the secret beneficiary regarding the Aglarond tier.
Dark and evil races from now on will be homed in the caves of Aglarond.
Drak will move next to Ag on the right side and Dale will stay where it is.
All the rest is a sinking ship and will be regarded as such.
First off ... ability to send notices will be heavily reduced ... for obvious ... reasons ...
Second .. I have a strict no bulshit policy.
As I think the closing of Val prooved to great extend.
It was full of it ! (wich for some "odd reason" only emerged when certain people where online)
Soooo .. anyone abusing the im button in my direction ... their priviledges in the sim, will have a hard time in trying to get their point across because it will end in a one way ticked out of the sim.
In case of boycot, sabotage , soliciting or creating public (or underhanded) disturbances .. I will send a screenshot where I report them to LL .. so they can see what I reported them for and when I did so.
Second.
The drow group will be turned into an rp group. By popular vote of the drow themselves !
Who's number currently resides on 5 (former leadership excluded).
DRow will no longer be target dummies , elves with a tan or cavedwelling barbarians.
NOTE: This is not a request. This is how it's going to be.
Third.
The meter will be changed to Spellfire.
Simplicity works best. No more admins needed. No stat abusal. No stat arguments.
If it was up to me personally I'd have gone without a meter in the first place and manage it how they do in Valharia (who's UnderDark is stunning!) . METERLESS !
You don't need a meter (of any kind) to roleplay.
You need a meter to do combat.
Any rp'er of some integrity will nod to that.
Those who are shaking their head .. sorry people ... but you have either no imagination .. or you are rampant meter abusers and cheaters that should be banned to save us all the trouble in the future.
Now ... anyone who has a problem with that ... are kindly suggested to take this red hot iron poker *hands anyone who has a problem with it a red hot iron poker* .. and go fuck yourself with it ! ..... Mairoto erl cazzo !
donderdag 2 juli 2009
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
It was only a matter of time. I got out of Argoth when it became clear that there was no way it could ever work as a sim, at least so long as it was attached to Ag. I suspect that going back to being IN ag, things will be better. And while I loathe, loathe, LOATHE the Spellfire meter, I suspect it'll work better for you than the Ag meter. That was yet another case of good intentions derailed by a committee, as have been, sadly, so many things in Ag.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI hope the reboot works well, and who knows, I may even come back some day to see for myself!
I considered taking Argoth .. but finding out the remaining tier is just as much as the purchase price I thought 'screw that'.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenAnd while I can understand the wish to be original (meter wise or not) .. and respect the effort being made .. at some point one just has to be honest to themselves and consider weither the meter is an actual added value to the sim or .. the sim is only existing to support the meter. In my not so humble opinion, the meter was becoming more important the the rp that needed to be rp'd with it.
If one thing has been proven extendedly in Ag.. it's that democracy doesn't work either (in this case).
And it's something me and Debi agree upon .. luckily .. it's our way or no way from now on *smiles*.
Our way is : We don't expect anything from anyone .. tho all help freely given is greatly appreciated and shown as such .. yet if anyone thinks i 'must' do anything or that 'have to' do this or that ... *shrug* what can I say ...... I've said it so many times already and the onlyone still laughing in the end is usually me.
I have no particular affinity nor aversion against sf personally. But I got damned sick of all the bs regarding meters. You can't please everyone .. and if you MUST please someone .. best it be yourself !
About ARgoth still .. you're right, it could never have worked independantly because the sole reason of it's existance was for the richer glory of Ag .. and it only needed a concierge for that matter.
Not my kind of cookie.
But if I want a certain type of cookie.
I will get my cookie.
I'm so glad you're here Fid and Syddy too and I totally agree that no meter is better. We had so much FUN without it in Valsharen. Fun defined as being one of the most intense, suspenseful, intriguing and at times frightening rp that just drew you in emotionally and mentally. Meters tend to be the death of that. Maybe at some point Ag will be ready to graduated to meterless rp. :)
BeantwoordenVerwijderenok finally figured out had to sign in first before I posted , ( smacks forehead at this point ). YOU Go Girl , yes you are right Too many chiefs and Not enough Indains theres always trouble its been proven too many times. like you I think roleplay can be done without the meter, I support you in your advanture , maybe others wont like the way you do things but OWell , the one thing Ive always respected about you is that you Stick to your Guns , you dont say one thing straddle the fence then change your mind about it the next week. You say it once and mean what you say and if no one can take that , then again OH Well , there are other places to go, and Again YOU GO !!! somebody might come see you sometime. by the way I hope " Reactie Plaatsen means post ? :)
BeantwoordenVerwijderenDamn that dutch sentence read utterly surreal coming from you .. and yes it does mean that *grin*
BeantwoordenVerwijderen...
And you know .. somebody is always welcome.