vrijdag 17 april 2009

Carrier change ponderations.

I've been thinking of taking on another job.
A few have passed the revue so far ...

- Admit yourself back to college as a working student so you only need to go and do the exams.
Why not ?
Have you any idea how massive my cours was ? To do inbetween work .. nah. That ain't gonna
happen. Law, antropology and everything that comes with in the study of human behavior and
why it can or does not lead to deviance ... is not something you do inbetween cooking.
And I'm not willing to quit my job to go back to school. Would seem a step back. (BIG TIME !)

- Join the police
Why not ?
That's lower then where I'd have been should I have finished my cours in college.
It would hurt my pride. I don't feel like climbing myself up through that .. I feel I'm too clever
to join the streetpawns and I happen to know two people who are in my country's version of
a swat team. When those people go out to drink they keep quiet about their job in every
language known to man ! That's living in fear if you ask me.

- Buy over the company of my ex specialised in guerillia marketing.
Why not ?
I'd have to hire that fuck ...
Not to mention it was ME who funded it from the start so if you really think of it .. it IS my
company ! The only reason I'm not inclined to give a shit is because
a) been there done that
b) i'd rather have him buy me out ! Wich he's gonna ...
c) it's a lot less fun then the name implies, mainly that you spend an immens time behind all
kind of graphic computer programs and deal with serveradministrators that basically
just deserve to be strangled with an adsl line.

- Certain government desk job that I happen to be qualified for.
Why not?
Bad timing. Not a fixed contract. Not taking the risk. And ooooh my gaaawd ... it's not the
of job that allows you not to confess political color. Because you get hired by a party. And
honestly .. 'salonfahigheit' bores me to my critical limit.

Those where the options most appealing to me.
Exclude librarian ... the pay just sucked.

So far my vision quest through my countries job market.
Then it struk me that " well hey if i at some point do plan to take over a business even if it's a restaurant .. I probably need a basic degree in business management and simplified accounting.
So I went to my countries official site where you can get info about degrees/certificates/diploma's and how to get them without going to school. So home study basically.
With GREAT succes and pretty sweet conditions for admittance.
" You fail ? We repay ! "
Now ...
I'm not planning to fail.
I don't fail (lol). I have been known to give up one thing to go and do soemthing more interesting, not giving a damn, plainout refusing to do certain things .. but not failing.
I want what I want and I usually get it.

So ....
what I really want
*chuckles*
I had to .. fysically stop myself to not read further on the department of clinical psychology .. just because it's a major interest of mine. First .. considering I don't have any medical degree .. (however with my former studies in college I might have a headstart from 'no experience at all' .. I could not deal with phorensic science and I vomitted out my insides when witnessing an autopsy, even if I had seen a dead body before) you'd have to do a cours of medical terminology and doctor's assistant , practical psychology before going through to clinical psychology... hmmwich basically would have come down to the round price tag of 2500 euro.
Then went straight on to business department and signed in for their cours.
With the thought that restaurants .. can be a second job, for wich I'll still need the degree .. wich I will ..
So do somethign fun in the mean while as well.
People need fun things to do. Even this one .. especially this one (even tho 'fun' is an odd concept in my book).
So I went back this morning and have myself admitted for a writers cours, wich also ment certain aspects of journalism and copywriting. And it didn't even cost 1/5 of where I had to stop myself.

" A few dedicated hours a week will make you advance before you know it "
And honestly .. considering the ammount of dedication I have already shown on various levels ...
this is going to be a walk through the friggin park ....
For someone who's basically a high school drop out I'm the proud owner of some various degrees and skills .. like beekeeping , without a doubt the oddest of them all.
But don't be fooled.
Being able to learn fast is not as pleasant as it sounds.
It's easy.
But it's also a pain in finding somethign that's intersting enough not to get depressed with what you're doing .. fast.
If that sounds like a luxury problem then it probably is but it doesn't make it any less of a problem.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten