One of the competitive restaurants at the grand central place in my city ... i went to check it out a few days ago.
For some reason I just remembered.
To think people spend money in that place .....
The mash was bland ! And not as in bland .. but BLAND ! There was NO taste in the thing, while potatoes have a natural flavor ! .. how the hell do you manage that ...
The scallops where .. NOT COMPLETELY COOKED .. OMFG .. sea food !!
Aaargh .. this .. is .. .. MUH !
PEOPLE HAVE DIED FROM EATING BADLY COOKED SEA FOOD !!!!
Ever heard of food poisoning ? Salmonella ? There's a type of food / blood poisoning that results in your fecies turning green !
They had a tasty crusty layer the way it should be but it was RAW !
So cooked on a too hot fire and stopped the fire before it burned ..........
The rabbit .. tasted like fish !
Herring !!!!
YUCK
If I wanted to eat fish i'd have ordered that .. it was also as dry as chewing on a twig.
Oh wait I did order something fishy .....
Now ... if I ever catch anyone cooking meat in the same pan as they did fish or chicken or another kind of meat, without making sure there is new butter or oil in it after you cleaned it.
I will beat you to death with whatever happens to be in that pan at that moment.
Ofcourse (!!) it's going to affect the taste !
And NO ...fish and meat usually don't mix pleasantly .... the textures differ too much.
The apetisers we got where uninspired and almost childlike endearing ... almost.
A piece of bread with garlic butter.
So ok , you get that for free and it's just a noble way of garbage disposal as are soups and stews.
But LOL.
You can't come up with anything better then bread (wich was harsh to bite because it was old) with garlic butter on top of it ?
I have bent over backwards at times to come up with new apetisers each week.
And even tho I don't have any say about the menu ( nor ingredients ) despite for weekly suggestions .... I put high standards for myself.
It hurts my pride to deliver a dish/service that sucked.
It damages my ego to see a dish being returned to the kitchen.
That rarely happens to me to be honest. The times it did happen, in my own defence, it was insanely busy at that time.
It's still better to keep people waiting and deliver a good dish then to serve them quickly but badly. And if the dish is fucked up after cooking .. just start again.
Determination is a good thing.
The plate was decorated with balsamico sirop... and honestly ... did anyone .. ever .. think that tasted well with undercooked scallops and rabbit that thinks it's fish ?
To think they have a chef and a souschef .. pff ..
.......ffff......... that the place used to have a good reputation.
....fffffffff........... fff..
zondag 15 maart 2009
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
You always make me laugh. :)
BeantwoordenVerwijderenMuh.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenWell believe me.
I wasn't laughing at that time >.<