zaterdag 25 juli 2009

Pain. Lots of Pain.

Cooking.

Or the story how hot oil met my skin.
And it just barely missed my face .. good reflexes .. yeah ..
So it hit me full on the neck and a little bit on my face.
At least the fuckers liked their steak .... so i'm not mutilated without purpose ..

You can even see two spots where a big splash hit me and then dripped down a little.

I can't press enough how fucking lucky I've been.
It could have hit me in the face.
IN the eyes.
It could have catched fire ...
Needles to say i suffered a minor meltdown right after i pulled my face from under the cold water tap.

On the bright side it had been a long time ago since I felt that kinda rush of adrenaline.
My inner left arm got hit as well. Wich actually hurts the most.

After whiping away two tears and getting rid of the shakes,
D. is in my face : " I don't wish to be sadistical but does it hurt ? "
" YES !!! "
" That's good with burns, it means you didn't damage any nerves "

But to my (already damaged pride) I sucked it up quickly and guess what .. finished my fucking shift !
Even tho I had to do that stupid fish all over.
It's good to see I still have nerves of steel.
One might think I do it on purpose.
Those who might be thinking that are cordially invited to go and burn parts of their neck, face and arms untill we'll talk again.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Girl you are Damn lucky and yes its a good thing you do have fast reflex, Fish is the Worst for that sort of thing , Ive seen too many people become permemintly scared from frying fish in Restaurants, and other ways as well like someone turning on the vat valve at the wrong time to clean the oil ,and hot oil flows out over the floor , his feet were burned very bad, needless to say the one that did it charges were brought againest him , if anyone says that working in a kitchen is not Dangerous , they are full of shit. but Hope you feel better soon

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh geez Fid. Have you seen a doctor? At the least you should go get some aloe vera gel or some kind of burn cream. Take care of yourself sweetie.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh yes, there's emergency Flamzine in the fridge. But doctors no .. no no ..
    for the simple reason that my docter uses some very elaborate tricks to get me back into her examining room for no reason.. to make me another 30 euro's lighter if you ask me.
    " yes you can work if you feel you're up to it"
    i go to work and my boss sais , " hell no girl , you need your dokter's written permission for that "
    she : " well i said you can go to work if you feel like it , but i didn't say i will agree with that .. "
    And that would have costed me 30 euro's ... twice ..
    So I'm not going to pay her for telling me I have been burned .. I already know that lol.

    But I swear .. sometimes I feel like a general in a battle field.
    I already have the scars of a veteran.

    And uhm ... believe me, this kind of pain is not nearly as painful as wombcontractions , wich i sometimes have for NO reason.
    I'm not pregnant, nor do I have an offset hormone balance. LUckily that only happens rarely. But it happens out of the blue, and for an even more weird reason, it happened the same evening I got home after being burned. Poor Sydd lol ... asked about 5-6 times if he should take me to the hospital.
    On the bright side of it all .. I kept myself under cold water very long , so there's a more then good chance they will not be permanent scars. Not permanent meaning it might take a while for them to become less visible .

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen