Forget Gor ... bdms .. collars etc ...
You don't know slavery unless you spend yesterday in my shoes.
At the end I couldn't go anymore, more exhausted then I could ever remember
(oh wait ... NEWYEARS EVENING from 14.00 preps in the kitchen, from 19.00 till 22.00 cooking and plate decorating then from 22.00 till uhm 07.00 bartending.. right .. at least i was payed 375 euro for one night ! The worst part of that night not being in my own kitchen but under another chef who .. freaked .. couldn't apprehend the ammount of people coming in .. so : melt down ...it happens now and then, it gets to people and has happened to me too)
Yesterday ... city council found a new brilliant way to piss away tax payers money for national prestige ... by installing two stages, a fire show, light show and soundsystem on the grand central place.
That's right in front of the door .......
At 21.30 I almost begged (almost) my boss if we could close the kitchen (been standing there since eleven ). And he said yes. Or I really would have begged.
I'm still tired beyond belief.. knowing that I have 40 minutes before I h ave to go to work again , knowing there's reservation of 20 people at noon ... and then the same thing then yesterday.
It's the first time in my life i do not want to go to work. At all.
But calling in sick would be the lowest most base thing I could do to my coworkers.
I'd be dumping more work on them while they work just as hard as me.
Well exlude the heat, burn mutilation and knive handling then.
Believe it or not ... but the foresight of today brings me to the verge of crying.
Pulling my hairs out in despair and hide myself under a big pile of pillows and blankets.
So I'll just try not to think of it.....
......
Oh it doesn't work !
lol
I'm in fysical pain !
After today I'm installing an off-season hybernation for myself.
But I did get confirmed in my already established belief.
That 'customers' are the worst breed of people ever to have walked the face of the earth.
Let me get one thing off my chest : " Exept for the fact they pay my paycheck .. I fucking hate them, all of them. You ff'in selfish, spoiled, arrogant shitheads ! Choke on your coffee ! Don't let the door hit you on the way out ! and GET THE HELL OUT OF THE KITCHEN "
*takes a breath*
You'd think any of them would actually notice we are understaffed and working as fast as we can. That if one has to wait because he or she is inbetween number 7-15 on the list of "are you being served?" he or she can just deal with it because he or she has eyes in their ugly head wich they know how to use.
It goes without say .. that ALL of us, where becoming less and less inclined to a neutral and friendly demeanor towards the x ammount of people want what they want NOW.
When you have to wait to get in in the first place, you can wait the 10-15 minutes extra (little for you, a lot for us) in order to get a drink or order food.
If not then just go to frigging pizzahut or mcdonalds !
And if you do I hope there's a bigass line in front of you !
zondag 22 maart 2009
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
In college I had the lowest of kitchen jobs, washing dishes, in a French restaurant that (I swear) had only a few more plates than tables. My life was constant, frantic turn-it-over, and to make matters worse the signature dish of the house was French onion soup with lots of cheese which is was physically impossible to completely remove from the bowls fast enough to get them back on the tables. So every customer out there enjoying his soup was also enjoying the soup of the last twenty or so people who'd had that bowl. My limit was reached on the day that, having worked the lunch shift, the dinner shift dishwasher never showed up, so I worked clear through. It was during a festival in town, so we had something like four times our usual customers trying to dine. The drain in the floor by my station clogged at about 3PM and we could not get it cleared, so I worked the rest of the shift ankle deep in filthy water, then as we were finally about to close at 1AM the MAYOR and a party of twenty arrived. They ordered their meals, then sat there for two hours and talked. When they finally left and the dishes came back, virtually none of it had been eaten, just plates of ruined food that'd been pushed around until the congealed juices and sauces had cemented it near-permanently to the surface. I got out of there at almost four AM after cleaning that mess and all of the stations (which Chef wouldn't let me touch until they were done in case the fat-asses ordered something else), and told Chef that I hoped he could find a new idiot because I was done. That was 32 years ago and I still remember the pain of my blistered, waterlogged feet as I limped out of that place.
BeantwoordenVerwijderen*grin*
BeantwoordenVerwijderenDid I hear that right .. the signature dish was a soup ?!
BLASPHEMY !
But yah .. onion soup and cheese is pretty tasty .. but lol .. and eeeeewwww .. but lol.
"Luckily" the worst disaster that happened to me was when the watertap kinda exploded .. in to a big fountain all over the ktichen .. try to cook in that GRRR .... still not as bad as almost having your left eye gauged out by a stupid barmaid that runs around armed .. with my own weapons no less !