vrijdag 20 maart 2009

I love being me !

First of all !
The michelin restaurant called me ahaha ..
And i turned them down .......
Saying " I'm terribly sorry , but I'm not going to do it considering some financial responsabilities i jsut took on .. i NEED my paycheck that's payed to a full chef /head kitchen slave"
BUT
It sufficiently pumped up my ego !
Thinking that if I'm ever working under a michelin star .. it'll be MY michelin star.
And ok .. grr !!!! .. for not cooking in a place that has the uhm ... 'air' of wanting to be that, but it was what made me want to work there in the first place.
I have always known I'll one day have my own restaurant.
Ehehe .. yes .. it can't be any other way.
Cause let's get one thing straith ... bloody hell , I can cook !
I can make chicken taste at least 50 different ways ( exaggerating ?? LOL .. considering 50 is a friggin understatement ! )

Amazing i'm still that able to get worked up over things .. after a 12 hour workday.
And that .. when the help came in , worked one hour, then turned to me saying " oh my Allah .. i'm stresssed out ! LOOK AT THE DISHES "
I looked at the dishes ...
and counted ....... two dirty dishes .. one salad plate, an empty tater box and empty tater pasgetti box, some small sauce cups, two coffee cups and the etcetera's thereof , and a bowl of cuttlery ( wich is NOT much) .......
I couldn't help myself , turned around at him and said : " you know i've been here since eleven this morning , cooking almost non stop, had one cigarette break, stood behind the bar on lowtime (inbetween cooking !), had one sandwich quickly, burned my fingers twice and even did the dishes myself for three hours before you came in ... and you know, the minute the kitchen opened, one half hour before it should .. we had around 15 coupons coming in at once... you think I might not be able to relate to your problem ?"
His reply : " I' m gonna ask D. (the boss) if i can stop early tomorrow"
Now tomorrow there's a festival ....... right in front of the door .....
So he's thinking he's gonna ditch work and shove it to others.
I took the liberty to reply to him ... by laughing first.
Then saying something like: " well consider this a run-in for tomorrow ! and keep smiling ! "
Evidently , when I told D. about Y.(the help) wanting to stop early tomorrow ...
-I'm polite enough not to repeat his exact words- .. it could be summed up by " HELL NO ".

lol
...
lol

The entire evening : sighing .. sighing ... and sighing
" my life is so hard "
" this is so tiring "
" i'm so stressed "
" my back hurts "
" man it's way too hot in here "
" you think he's gonna allow me to stop early ? "
" i really want to stop early ... "
And you'd suspect they'd even THINK it might not be the best of times to be telling .. 'round about ANYthing that requires a certain uhm empathy from the listener .. cause you're too busy throwing pans around .. and those knives are really sharp.
Very much in contrast to .. sadly the majority of ALL the helps I ever had the misfortune working with , who where definatly not the most sharpest of knives in the drawer.

You'd think I was close to showing him the quickest way to the carpenter's hole myself just to get rid of the whining.

But no .. lol.
I honestly enjoyed to see him suffer.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten