Ahahahaha ...
A good gloating once in a while never hurt anyone.
Prepare for a big one !
I LOVE my sim !
It as all the alluring aspects Val had, but better!
Because it's not being overshouted by other stuff laying around (ugly stuff).
Well .. I think of myself that I have good taste.
No.
Let me rephrase ... I KNOW I have good taste.
And I also happen to think that I'm very clever.
Oh wait no .... I AM very clever !
"you can do anything if you put your mind to it" ..to me personally is not as hollow a phrase as one sais to teenagers after hearing "well you're probably not Harvard material" .
The only bad thing is that people like me are usually too preoccupied with learning those new things that they forget to specialise into one.
Oh well .. to quote myself " as for people accusing me of only doing the things I want to do .. THAT IS COMPLETELY TRUE "
But I always did score off the chart on analytics and spacial insight.
It's great being me *snort*
No wait ... it's really .. really .. really fun being me.
Sometimes ..
Well to the point. (lol )
Blue's has gotten the most out of terraforming then I ever saw a sim do.
So .. terrain detail : high and detailed ... cause it's .. a lot of terrain.
The whole sim is a cave environment.
And yes .. we do have 'actual' caves.
As in ... stalagtites hanging down from the roof.
Some of them look a bit creepy with the sound and light effects.
Light effects: put on nearby local lights, bumpmapping and shiny, basid shaders and athmospheric shaders ...
It's not entirely finished yet .. some places still have some random , and not so fitting prims laying around, they are merely there as ... "example". (>.>) I'll take them out and replace them with better fitting objects as soon as I get a good estiment of my left over prims and space left to occupy.
Yeah ... i plan to use most of my limited ammount of os prims ...
It's an open sim .. but private community (group).
And the only reason you can look it up in search is ... well .... one last kick against the dead man .. you could say.
Now...
I tended to stay close to one particular color palet and not divert from it.
It's what I found to be incredibly unsightly (imo) about Val.
Also the reason why i just avoided to go near certain places in that sim ... cause i'd only frustrate myself.
For one .. NO FRIGGING BLOOD FOUNTAINS. (aaargh .. and pffff)
Can't help it ... I never .. ever , anywhere, read that drow where vampiric in that way and loved to bath in blood and gore on any other place then the battlefield.
In heart I tried to make the sim to what I felt the race is and how they are always described.
I don't know why ....
but in rp it's often ... forgotten.
That they might be violent and dangerous, but also charismatic, cunning, smart, coniving and mysterious even to themselves and their surroundings. But RARELY outwardly agressive. Because that would be a weakness (^.-) .. a see-through aspect of you that without a doubt will be exploited by the next living drow that happens to be more ambitious and clever then yourself.
" Drow can be ordain and polite to even their worst enemy. "
Rarely roleplayers actually read that in the many .. many ... drow rp guides.
That's why i tought to make the sim look ... beautiful.
Appealing. And not only to gore lovers.
Because in order to fully experience danger you need to be drawn to it, in the first place.
And a race that is ... charismatic ... you'd expect them to be wanting to live in a place that offers all the luxury and comfort that enables a person to sustain that very charisma.
Wich is a word for a .. multitude of traits about a person.
Cleanliness just to name one, very basic one.
Also ... for a species that selfabsorbed and vain ... hmmmm .. you'd also more or less suspect them to consider their home a fashion statement.
The surroundings is merely there to make THEM look better.
That was a key element in the entire building process.
Also because the lack of prims I tried to make the appealing aspect of the sim entirely environmental.. so not the obects or buildings .. tho some are pretty cool :p (especially Aalak's tower and impro temple ).
A warning though.
It's a maze and pretty confusing the first time you walk through it.
But for people with good visual memory it's probably a lot easier.
There are recognition points and even some beacons (but : local lights *nods*)
I tried to make the caves look as organic as possible.
Will need a few tweeks here and there.
In short .. Blue's uhm .. feeling it again.
Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will level Sparta to the ground," the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply: "If."That'd be the reply to any invader: "If ".
(lol thx to Turtle)
donderdag 12 maart 2009
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten